The carpet is an investment, so it is important to keep it clean and looking great. A good cleaning can extend the life of your carpet by several years.
- Vacuum regularly – Vacuuming is the most important thing you can do to maintain your carpet. Dust and dirt will build up over time and if not removed on a regular basis, they will damage fibers and reduce the life of your carpet. The best way to vacuum is with an upright vacuum cleaner with rotating brushes – this will loosen dirt and dust out of the carpet fibres so that they can be vacuumed away easily.
- Use a deodorizer – If you have pets or small children in the house, use deodorizers periodically to get rid of any lingering odors from food spills and accidents.
- Clean spills immediately – Carpet stains can be very hard to remove once they are set in place – especially if they have been there for some time. If you spot a stain as soon as it happens, try blotting it with lukewarm water first (don’t over wet). If this doesn’t work, try applying some dishwashing liquid directly onto the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before blotting again with lukewarm water. If neither works, then you should call us for professional cleaning services because some stains may require more than just a spot removal solution!
- Use a stain remover – If you spill something on your carpet, clean it up as soon as possible with a sponge or cloth soaked in water and mild detergent or soap. Rinse well with clear water; then blot dry with paper towels until no dampness remains. Treat any remaining stains with a commercial stain remover according to its label instructions.
- Maintain your carpet pile – Dust will settle into the pile on your carpet over time and make it look duller than when it was new. To remove dust from the pile, use a soft brush attachment on your vacuum cleaners wand tool attachment or buy a special “crevice tool” designed for cleaning upholstery.
It’s important to maintain your carpet because it can help keep it looking new and clean. Also, when you take care of your carpets, you’ll be able to enjoy them for years to come.
Vacuuming is the most effective way of cleaning carpets. Carpets absorb dust and dirt, so regular vacuuming will remove all kinds of particles from the surface of the carpet fibers and prevent them from sticking to the material. If you don’t vacuum often, then all that dirt will end up embedded in your carpet and it will look dirty even if you just cleaned it!
Steam cleaning is a great way to remove stains from carpets because it deeply cleanses them from within by using hot water at high pressure. It also helps remove bacteria from deep within the fibers, which can cause odors or allergies. Steam cleaning also helps loosen up greasy stains like oil spills or food stains so they come out easily when you blot them with a towel after steaming them out. You can rent a steam cleaner from your local hardware store or buy one for around $200-$300. You can contact us for more information on Milton Keynes carpets.