If you are looking for an alternative to hardwood or stone flooring, but within an affordable range then vinyl flooring could be the best option. It is available in hundreds of colors and pattern with many products that look like porcelain, ceramic, and natural stone like granite and marble, whichmeets all the needs.
If you wish to know about luxury vinyl plank flooring then visit Flooring Domain which is the best flooring directory and online marketplace in Australia and you will also find the best contractors near you.
What is vinyl plank flooring?
Vinyl flooring is a kind of multi-layered synthetic flooring that is made of plastic, PVC, and fiberglass. Luxury vinyl plank flooring is five times thicker than the traditional vinyl sheet and is available in long narrow strips and not in the regular square tile shapes.
Advantages of Vinyl flooring
1)Long-lasting: Vinyl flooring is highly resilient.
- Requires low maintenance
- Does not stain
- Can afford enough wear and tear
- Best for heavy foot traffic
2) Affordable and easy installation: Vinyl is very affordable and can be installed easily, sometimes does not need hiring a professional. Luxury vinyl flooring comes with the do-it-yourself option with just locking the pieces together. It is installed as a floating floor with a click-lock system in which the ends of the planks snap together.
Just follow the instructions for installation included with your vinyl flooring purchase.For some other types, you may only need to use a peel and stick method.
Visit Flooring Domainwhichis the best flooring directory and online marketplace in the USA. The directory will provide you with the best contractors and service providers near you.
3) Low maintenance: Vinyl is one of the floors that needs very low maintenance with just daily sweeping and mopping. Avoid steam cleaning, and oily and acidic productson the floors as they can damage the wooden subfloor.
- Since vinyl plank flooring is slightly thicker than sheet vinyl, it offers better underfoot
- It is waterproof which makes it far better flooring for damp areas than hardwood or laminate flooring
- They make the best choices for the kitchen, bathroom, mudroom, and laundry room.
1)Does not add resale value: Vinyl floors do not add resale value to your house since it does not give that authentic look and style to your home.
2) Cannot be refinished: Once a vinyl flooring is damaged, it cannot be refinished as it consists of a single layer over the design layer. You will have to change the entire floor.
3) Not eco-friendly: It consists of toxic chemicals and emits volatile chemical compounds thus, affect health and the indoor environment.
Still, if you are looking for durable, waterproof flooring that is easy to install, comfortable to walk, and needs less maintenance then luxury vinyl plank flooring is the best option for you. Check out Flooring Domain which is the best blog in the flooring industry where you will get informative blog posts, reviews, press releases, interviews, etc.